When life gets busy—and it always does—it’s easy to let our wellness routines become anything but routine.
And while taking some time for ourselves can be a challenge, it doesn’t have to become an afterthought. Activities like exercise, meditation and personal reflection may very well be the missing ingredient to jump-starting productivity and regaining a positive outlook on our day-to-day lives.
The next time your schedule has you feeling out-of-sorts or maybe just a little overwhelmed, remember to carve out some time for you. Try challenging yourself to one of the activities below – they’re only 20-minutes and the benefits will truly start to add up. These quick breaks are perfect for weaving into a busy schedule and will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever life has in store. Give it a try. Whether you make time for one or time for four, the important thing is you’re taking control by making time for what’s important. You.
Here are a few ideas to start with, but remember to choose what makes you feel the best.
20-Minute Spa Session
Give your body the renewal it craves.
- Release muscle tension and relieve joint pain
- Improve circulation by 102%
- Flush toxins out of the body
20-Minute Walk, Hike or Run
Get out there and soak in the sun.
- Burn 75 calories by walking just 2 mph
- Reduce stress and improve your mood with the release of endorphins
- Improve bone health with Vitamin D from the sun
Find a little inner peace.
- Manage stress and reduce blood pressure
- Improve focus throughout the day
- Sleep deeper and go to sleep faster
20-Minute Yoga Session
Get in shape and loosen up those muscles.
- Release muscle tension.
- Build strength and gain flexibility
- Reduce cytokine by 41% to energize and boost mood
20-Minute Mind Challenge
Sharpen your mind with brain-teasers and logic puzzles.
- Improve your memory.
- Develop your logic and reasoning skills
- Increase focus and strengthen concentration
Write a story, poem, or journal entry about your day.
- Enhance your memory with expressive writing
- Get a handle on stress by venting your emotions
- Enjoy the benefits of having a record of your life
Share these wellness challenges with your friends and family – just use the sharing icons below. What challenges will you take on? Tell us in the comments below.